• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Eek! Strange symbol.

mattardo

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
Pardon my ignorance.
I am trying to install a rom (Liquid Frozen Yogurt) onto my Motorola Droid.
I rebooted, came back and there is a strange symbol on the screen.
It is a triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle, and it is standing upright staring down at my phone laying flat.

I'm not sure if it's working away, or if this is some problem.

Can someone please advise - this is my first time doing this. I have followed the instructions to the best of my abilitiy. I don't want to just try powering it off, in case it is still churning away.

Thanks!

This is too confusing for me heh.

I'm not even sure it worked! I rebooted it, entered my activation call, google info, now all my photos, apps are loading again..

How can I tell if the rom has installed correctly? Would it be listed under the Phone Info in settings?

I ended up doing the manual wipe data from the screen, using the volume keys. Never got a choice to pick my rom, except in Rom Manager =- but it appears that didn't even load..

Upvote 0
Dang - then I have not succeeded. I have only succeeded in making my phone reactivate itself and restore all the apps somehow. Back to the drawing board, I guess!
I was hoping to avoid typing all the information provided to me in the link above, as I'm not too familiar with how that works. I suppose I will have to try that.

Should the Recovery Manager, after wiping data, given me an option to browse for my rom? There were only the standard options: reboot, apply update, and some wipe data options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones