Effing Swype!!

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It keeps friggin quitting on me. I install it, I reboot, it works, I reboot, it doesn't work. I remove it with Root Explorer (from data/apps & system/apps), repeat, same damned thing. One minute it works, the next it's dead again.

-I wish they'd just make the effing thing purchasable already!:mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement
  2. Dave17

Dave17 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I haven't had any trouble (on BB 0.4). I'm running version 1.56.30.7625.t100.

Good luck on figuring it out.

3. cyberclaus

cyberclaus Well-Known Member

I have run into this over the past couple of weeks. All I had to do to fix it was to long press the text box, select input method, and change to the stock Android Keyboard. Then repeat and switch back to swype keyboard. I did not have to uninstall. I hope this helps you out.

Psychokitty likes this.
  4. Psychokitty

Thanks, cyberclaus. I'll try that. If it works it's a hell of a lot better than what I go through now, because in addition to reinstalling it, I also theme it. It's just twice the work, rebooting every step -just to be sure..., and currently I'm having boot issues where my Droid is deciding to check my 32 GB card each time. Sometimes it doesn't seem to like it.
    Anyway, it's a major time-kill. (-And extremely frustrating!)

5. cyberclaus

cyberclaus Well-Known Member

Yeah I have not found a trigger that causes it. It just seems to happen randomly every now and then, and is very annoying. I got lucky and just tried that procedure and it worked. My friend also had the issue and that fixed it for him as well. I haven't had it happen in a while so I hope it's resolved for good.
    I agree with you, if they can launch it on commercial devices like the DroidX, Droid2, and Samsung Epic, just let me buy it already. Let me know if it works for you as well. Take care, and good luck.

Psychokitty likes this.
  6. Psychokitty

I'll try to remember to post here in a day or two as to whether it seems to be a long term fix.
    Thanks again.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Funny, after almost 2 months of no problems, Wham - yesterday it would not swype.

Fortunately, I remembered that trick from when I first started using 5612 on my DROID - did it and it worked right away.

Hasn't stopped since.

8. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

The switching input method usually works, but sometimes I've had to uninstall Swype and the Swype Installer. Swype recommends killing all apps/widgets before installing the swype-installer/swype. I've had to go this route a couple times when I install a new ROM.

9. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I guess I have to count myself lucky, because I've not had a bit of trouble, at least not since the very first day the new beta came out, when it took 6 tries to get it to take. I've tested literally dozens of ROM alphas and betas and I've reinstalled Swype each and every time, as part of the testing. I've run and themed a number of ROMs, reinstalling and re-theming Swype each time, and I haven't had one iota of trouble with it.

10. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Only ver so far that hasnt given me probs is 1.56.30.7625 which I'm on now and works great

11. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

For the record, I had the same problem over the last week and a half and since I've flashed to the new Ultimate Droid ROM Extreme Froyo 8.0 the problem has not repeated itself.