Electric shocks from x10General


  1. SheriDAN19

    SheriDAN19 New Member

    Hi everyone

    Would like to know if anyone else is getting electric shocks from their x10? I've had the phone for about 7 months and only started getting the shocks last week but it has not stopped. I cannot use my phone at all anymore. There is not a specific spot on the phone that the shocks come from, and whatever body part the phone is closest to will get a shock. After getting the shocks I constantly feel like I have electricity running through my body :mad:
    I will be sending it in for repairs this week and will let you all know what the outcome is.
    Also does anybody know how I can break my Optus (Australia) contract if I'm not happy with the phone?? Besides the shocks, I do not like the phone one bit! It is very slow writing texts and also whats with the process of calling someone from the contacts lists :confused: you have to go through 3 pages before calling someone.....it would be ok if it wasnt so SLOW. and i don't even have any apps on the phone to make it slow.
    If anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated!!

    Advertisement
  2. spikeithard

    spikeithard Well-Known Member

    nope! you must have an electric personality!!!
  3. BingoRingo

    BingoRingo Well-Known Member

    That would be very strange considering it's covered in plastic.

    As for the speed of the phone, did you update to Android 2.1? It increases the speed by a lot in my opinion (might be placebo effect!)
  4. SheriDAN19

    SheriDAN19 New Member

    @BingoRingo.......You know those silly shock pens and stuff you can buy? It's that kinda feeling that I get. And they are covered in plastic as well aren't they :confused:
    Do you have any ideas about contracts as well???
  5. reista

    reista New Member

    The phone is physically incapable of shocking you. First it's covered in plastic as Ringo said, but the battery doesn't hold enough power to do that- it's 3.5v and even a 9v right to the tongue only gives a tingle- there's simply too much resistance. If your getting shocks, it's an outside source, that's my input =]
  6. SheriDAN19

    SheriDAN19 New Member

    Thanks Reista....i know it may seem impossible but I wasn't touching anything else except my phone when it happened. and the fact that it keeps happening only when my phone is on me. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.
  7. nysrcnc

    nysrcnc New Member

    An answer to a Sony Xperia shock. The thing just sent a bolt through my finger. I have been using the rest of the phone for many hours and had no problem. But then I made a phone call and got zapped after a few minutes...or it may have been a buildup of voltage or something. I will try it a few more times just to see if I'm just crazy before trading it in.
    There are on-going studies that show there is a percentage of people who are extra sensitive to microwaves and electric currents, while the rest don't know it is all running through them. It kind of sounds like the few who have ESP. Cell phones are one of those sources...since it's against your head. There is even a study that showed all plant-life exposed to Wifi signals are getting their cell structures altered.
  8. BingoRingo

    BingoRingo Well-Known Member

    What do you mean by "contracts" ??

Share This Page