Elelinux Froyo 2.2 Special Edition Questions

Last Updated:

1. nles

nles New Member This Topic's Starter

Any user using this rom can enlighten me with this few questions? I'm using this rom with

63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14 Radio Rom
    2.6.29.6-flykernel-11
    Elelinux_Froyo_2.2_Special_Edition

1. Is the overclock widget necessary for this ROM?

2. Any Chinese Input like HTC_CIME for this rom?

3. Can I link my contacts to facebook profile manually? I can't seem to find that option and I don't want to rename all my friends name same like in their facebook profile

4. My battery life kinda weak, only last me a day with calls, light surfing and facebook. I installed the following apps (PingChat!, Foursquare, fring, facebook, OC widget, 3g watchdog, Android system information, Battery Time and tons of games)

5. How do I disable the tone when I dial a number, so loud when I key in the phone number.

Other then the above problem I faced, others seems very good and smooth compare to previous VR12.

If there's no solution for 2. and 3. probably will change back to HTC Sense rom.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

1. Only if you wish to overclock it. :)

2. Not sure. I've seen similar requests in the XDA support thread so it may happen.

3. Don't know, sorry.

4. Let the battery run right down, if possible to the point where the handset shuts down and won't restart even after a battery pull. Charge it for a good few hours - overnight is ideal but at least until the light turns green plus an additonal 30mins - then boot into recovery and do a "wipe battery stats" before restarting normally. This will recalibrate the battery meter to give a more accurate estimation of remaining charge.

5. Menu/Settings/Sound/Audible touch tones (under "Feedback")

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

3: Go to your contacts, view a contact, go to edit the contact and then hit menu and then link. You should be able to link them to facebook in there.

4. nles

nles New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the input.

My updates.

1. Using the flykernel 614/176, so I think that makes my phone run max on 614 I guess. So not using the OC widget anymore.

2. Using Google PINYIN IME, prefer HTC CIME but will settle for this at the moment.

3. Maybe this rom is different? Edit Contact > Menu there's no link option.

4. Will try that method tonight

5. Thx

5. Xyro

Well, the person who told me how to link them gave me the impression it would work on any vanilla set up, but perhaps it's a unique feature to the dialer app I'm using: ' dialer one'.

6. Dacheeta

Dacheeta Member

I just installed this ROM today. (Froyo 2.2 special edition v2)
    Looks nice, but I kinda miss all the nice widgets I was used to so I bought that launcher pro thing, but was dissapointed at the few widgets I can use, are there no nice full screen weather?
    I cannot get into my sound settings, I’ll get the Sorry! process com.android.settings stopped Force close.
    I’ve noticed even after I set up the email/messages, and Gmail
    accounts to show unread mails on the icon, that is not working.
    Live wallpapers not working?
    Question: Is this ROM already OCe’d or do I still need to run overclock widget?
    How do I get my HTC Sync to work again? Icon stays (disconnected)

7. Slug

Sounds like a bad flash to me, Dacheeta. The Settings app force-closing is a common indicator that something has gone wrong... I'd advise trying again after a full reset and wipe of dalvik-cache (and ext: if applicable).

The default kernel runs at 528/352MHz but is clockable to 748MHz if the handset supports it. Use an app such as SetCPU to overclock if desired, or flash one of the optimised boot OC kernels if you're certain the device can handle the frequencies.

HTC Sync depends on elements of SenseUI to function, so I'm afraid it isn't available in non-Sense ROMs.

8. Dacheeta

Dacheeta Member

Okay it worked after a full system wipe & dalvik-cache wipe.
    Funny the Setup Wizard start out in Dutch because I live in the Netherlands, kinda neat I guess but I'm not Dutch.
    I'm doing a full Titanium restore at the moment.

Well after my titanium restore and in English, I now get that same error! :(
    Everything works except Setings => Sound
    If I set the system back to Dutch I still get that error, it must have something to do with some of my system restores? :S

9. perfdark

perfdark New Member

Umm, I also have some question regarding this ROM.
    Afaik, this ROM use a dialer app called WyContacs 1.2, is WyContacts has some feature like name suggestion in dialing? Like when I press 5646, the dialer suggest contact "john" to me or something like that.

Also, I seem can't use "set as wallpaper" function (view picture->set as->wallpaper->Gallery) working in this ROM, it shows 'process com.android.gallery has stopped unexpectedly', is it because the application called Gallery provided in the ROM?

Thanks!

10. perfdark

perfdark New Member

It has 'Join' option, not link. Maybe the same? Since I still can see my facebook friends and 'join' it to contact to display photo and other details.

Sorry, maybe this post can be merged with my previous post, somehow I can't use the edit option.

11. Slug

Bad move.... ;)

Never, ever, restore ANY system stuff EXCEPT for settings data e.g. wifi APNs, SMS settings and the like. In Titanium, if it's green and has the checkmark symbol next to it it's (usually) safe to restore. Anything else should be treated with caution.

Dacheeta likes this.
  12. Xyro

Woops, yeah I meant Join.

13. troublecro

troublecro Member

Does anybody know,why can't I see user comments for apps on android market?

14. Slug

I don't know, sorry. I never had that problem with SE, or any other Elelinux version for that matter.

troublecro likes this.
  15. will65mcmanus

will65mcmanus Well-Known Member

sorry ti hijack but were did you get special edition from could you please give me a link.

regards will

16. Xyro

17. Slug

Elelinux 2.2 Special Edition is now updated to RC1. Download links, changelog etc can be found here.

18. dino

dino Active Member

Hi all,

Just installed yesterday this after rooting for the first time (various dramas in a different thread). Have already had a couple of FC's trying to customize various settings, so have a few questions before i make a big mess:

LauncherPro - how to activate the 7 screens? I've bought a key to unlock this (perhaps foolishly, as he doesn't work thorugh marketplace) and can't find any settings? Does one have to reinstall it from the marketplace? I am a bit hesitant to because I understand that you have to use Elelinux's ROM updates for certain customizations.

Second question is how does one install those elelinux updates? Just copy over to root and use the recovery ROM to patch each one by one? Can you do a bunch together or one by one or does the phone need to be cycled each time?

Third, I seem to have a data leak, weirdly upstream. The phone seems to be sending a lot of data upstream (monitoring with 3g watchdog) while just idling and there's not the d/l to match. I suppose it could be my various google syncs, but as i say there's not an equivalent d/l. If there's one thing that sends it crazy, it's google maps, even after exiting to the home screen - still data leak. my phone is warm and battery is draining rapdily.

Thanks!

19. Xyro

You mean the whole business of flashing a .zip to add LPP on the Elelinux page? I installed it via the market and have no problems with LPP :)

If you want to flash any of the additional .zips on his page, do a cache wipe and a dalvik chache wipe, flash and reboot. The boot will be slower as the caches are rebuilt but you won't lose any data.

20. dino

dino Active Member

Yes, i saw that there is a ROM update to uninstall LPP and a second one to install ADW for those who want it. Thought that installing LPP from the marketplace over top of Elelinux's ROM might be asking for trouble (in teh same way that it seems to make a mess of google apps). But if it's fine then it's fine!

EDIT: wasn't even necessary to install the marketplace one i think.

ALso i think the reason for the leaky upload was due to me activating google backup. So as i was restoring apps with Titanium, google would find them and upload them to the cloud. I re-wiped and they all came down again and installed. That will probably wreak havoc if one goes back to 2.1 or changes to a dramatically different build, but maybe it's only a 2.2 feature anyway.

21. dino

dino Active Member

Alright, small thing, but anyone having an issue with the search bar constantly jumping to the top of a home screen? means that when you try to enter text into it, the text isn't legible as the bar has moved higher than the text and the text is behind it if you see what i mean. annoying in that i can't search from a home screen.

22. Xyro

Oh yeah, you really ought to keep google backup turned off.

It's a real pain if you already have all your apps ready to restore with titanium backup, and I've heard it can mess up the performance of some ROMs (like you found out).