• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Elelinux RC1

xyro is the main man to ask but my opinion is i just swapped from froyd 1.5 to the elelinux special edition , i had lots of problems on froyd at start but they sorted themselfs out then started again (this is not the case for most people its just me and ROMS dont mix xyro will tell ya ) but i thought froyd was good will it was stable , but dont let that put you off froyd as i said its just me and ROMS are enemies lol

the elelinux special edition i have is awesome and although have had it only 24hrs it is awesome , not 1 little bug i can think of at , all my battery life is at 65% in 24hrs of about 20 mins of calls sent about 200 texts , listened to music for about an hour and been fiddling about with new ROM , compared to froyd my battery lasted from full charge about 6 hrs not even doing half that

Upvote 0
Hmm, thanks.

I am loving EzHeroV5 but it is having some issues...might give it a try.

I just hate skrewing with titanium backup...for some reason it hasnt been working very well for me...maybe now that i partitioned my sd it will go smoother.

Have you tested the 3d ability or tried an openGL benchmark?

And correct me if im wrong but Isn't the 2.0 version of Elelinux supposed to be the final release? Should be pretty stable right?

Upvote 0
I would recommend Elelinux over Froyd 1.5 just because of the battery improvements. But, as far as I'm aware, that's just because the older cyanogen code than 1.5 was based on had a few bugs. So maybe the next froyd release will catch up thanks to the newer cyanogen code that elelinux is using.

What's going wrong with titanium backup?

And yeah, if something can possibly go wrong it will happen to adz :p

Upvote 0
well i tried to backup my user apps plus data (saved progress in games) and when i went to restore them the list of backed up apps was gone and all my saved data was gone.

i suppose i would try it again....guess it just takes time to figure it out.

Hey have you guys flashed that FastBoot OC from the same gentleman who made flykernel ?
Apparently that coupled with the kernel and Elelinux it's all blazing fast!

Upvote 0
lol i been looking at both of em and cant see nothing that has changed

Changelog

@Jared1234:
Open Titanium Backup, and in Menu/Preferences check the "Backup folder name" to make sure that there's a valid entry. Also ensure that "Normal apps" "Protected apps" and "Market link" are checked.

When making a backup the "batch" operation acts on the currently-selected filter, so ensure that you have that set to display "User apps" (All).

Reactions: jared1234
Upvote 0
Ok, well going through his thread:

- You obviously need FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v2.0
- A theme, if you want one
- The extra widgets are optional. Probably not necessary if you have the donate version of launcher pro.
- I think you need the google apps 1 and 2 .zips. I didn't install them and now the market isn't letting me install updates to a few google apps.
- The other add/remove app ones are optional too.
- I don't know which kernel is included by default, but I installed the BFS one from the link given.

Upvote 0
You don't have to remove/lose anything. If coming from 1.9 a wipe of the dalvik-cache is all that's required before flashing a later version - nothing (and I mean nothing!) requires reconfiguring afterwards.

BONER!! :D Suh-weeeeeeet.

One more thing, I know to wipe it but what the hell IS a dalvik cache?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found an answer. :D

Upvote 0
Hmmm, i've obviously done something wrong :S

I only have the option to add a twitter, microsoft exchange active sync or facebook account under the accounts & sync settings.

Gmail wont even load up & the dialer and people icons display 'could not launch the requested activity'

I flashed the ROM, kernel & Gapps part1 all together. Any ideas as to how to figure out whats wrong :)

Upvote 0
I have rebooted holding home & power, but am unable to use the trackball to change options :S the trackball seems buggy when the phone is fully booted. it will scroll around the home screen selecting apps that are on display but will only move one screen to the right when trying to switch screens. all other ROM's i'd used the trackball would not choose an icon, but would scroll screens :(

EDIT - bit hasty there, didnt realise the volume rocker could be used

Upvote 0
I've been playing with this ROM today and have to say it is noticeably smoother than Froyd and that is without any overclocking. Also it has none of the Market problems that I experience with Froyd that have always been attributed to Google - this is clearly not the case.
The only gripes I have are the theme colours (battery etc) and the bland lockscreen. Could someone give me any links to alternatives, especially the lockscreen that I can easily flash over the ROM
Edit: Still have market problems :(

Upvote 0
Could someone give me any links to alternatives, especially the lockscreen that I can easily flash over the ROM

The only ones I know that work are the themes listed in the support thread i.e. Stock, Sense and BlackMod. At least one user was also developing a theme, so others may follow.

In regard to the Market issue, try clearing the application cache first and rebooting the handset before reconnecting to the Market. If that fails try clearing application data, although this may result in your having to "reinstall" your purchased apps to reestablish their Market links.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones