• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eLocity A7: Good News, and More Good News

AmneonX

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
Michigan
www.androidwaypoint.com
For those of you that have the eLocity A7 Internet tablet, I figured I would let you know that StreamTV has released a firmware update for it.

The December 24, 2010 Firmware Update includes the following changes:

• Wi-Fi disconnect issue has been resolved
  • Angry Bird game installation issue has been resolved
  • Aldiko graphics issue has been resolved
  • Wallpaper reset issue has been resolved
  • OI File Manager copy function/black screen issue has been resolved
  • Auto rotate issue has been resolved
  • Airplane mode Device Options issue has been resolved
And you can download it here. eLocity Customer Support

Keep in mind that before you put the file on your sdcard, you must rename it update.zip.

Also, in more good eLocity A7 news. The guys over at XDA-Developers are working, and coming close to getting a market, and gapps hack to work. Will post more information as it becomes available.

**EDIT** I just noticed that for some reason, its not giving you any SD card information. This could just be a change they made(I hope not). I am going to email eLocity, I will keep you posted.

God! That update worked wonders! I can download apps again, just for starters, and the Wi-Fi doesn't hang the reset/restart function. Those two things had been driving me MENTAL! So cool that the suspend function works properly now, and apps don't drop out like all the time. I can manage the file system now, too--which is just awesome! I have the tablet I thought I was buying now.
Thanks, AmneonX, you passed on a greatly helpful update!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones