email account adviceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. byngo

byngo Member This Topic's Starter

May 19, 2010
    Getting an X10 Mini Pro for wife on T-Mobile,
    She has a pop email Blueyonder account from virgin.
    If i set the phone up to recieve / send email for that account, will she actually be able to send because i know in the past i've had trouble doing this because of security issues of sending from a service providers email address when you are not actually connected to their service, (ie like the broadband at home)

To get around this for myself (on a HTC hero) i signed up for a google account and i use that on the phone instead, and Google Mail can fetch my POP acounts anyway.

Also, a side issue regarding sync of contacts, should I use the Sony Erricson method, or Google acount.

So whats the recomendation please?:eek:

2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    I have an X10 big and have an @blueyonder (virgin) email account set up with pop3 on the phone and just found their page for virgin media emails

I can't see why you can't go through the manual set up for this and quite happily send emails... its the only way I can send pictures from my phone to hubby's iphone!!

You may need to enable certain settings online with Virgin, just sign in to their email and then go to settings and imap/pop3 and enable whichever one you want.

On the sync side, I started off using SE sync cos that was the easiest way to get contacts from my old phone to the new one but have since changed to Google's cos I am also using google calendar and mail for certain things.