Email Account QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. markdd91

markdd91 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I searched first but couldn't find anything. I have all my email accounts set up on my Droid X but I can't figure out how to get my school account on there too. It is myname@students.mycollege.edu and it is an outlook account so I don't know how to enter it for it to work right.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

First did you let the Droid try to set it up? If that didn't work do it manually. If you have it working correctly on your computer then go into the outlook email settings and see how it is set up.(POP, IMAP, etc.) Many times the port will cause a problem. If the port on your outlook setup does not work on your Droid you may have to call the school IT department and ask for another port.

3. markdd91

markdd91 New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried just typing it in but the phone wouldn't accept it, I will look at the outlook info.

4. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

What do you mean by it will not take it? Is it a POP account? You should have a pop.servername.com as an incoming server and smtp.servername.com

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I do understand your question, but I just had my daughter forward her college email to google. She'll have the google account for the many, many years and she can sync easily that way. The University of Kentucky support dept. helped her through it.

That was when she had bb., now she has android. Works like a charm.