• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Accounts kicking me out of Inbox

I am having a very, very annoying problem that I hope someone smarter than me can help me with!

I have two email accounts setup under my Email on my Ally. So, when I select the Email button it takes me to a screen that has both of the accounts (which were working fine a couple days ago). The issue is happening on both accounts (one is yahoo and the other is my work outlook).

If I click on one of the accounts it takes me to the Inbox for that account. If I then subsequently select an email to read it takes me into that email. However, after a few seconds it automatically sends me back to the prior screen (Inbox for the account). Then, sometimes, it sends me back again to the Accounts selection screen.

I have changed the email refresh for both accounts to 5 minutes, so that should be long enough for me to read an email without it kicking me out of one.

I turned on my wi-fi to connect to my home network yesterday, but have since turned off wi-fi (thinking that might have been the problem) and it is continuing to do the same thing.

On a side-note, if I open up my Gmail App (which is not an account in my Email app) it seems to work fine.

I am at wits end so hopefully someone can give me some insight! Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones