Email address in message contacts

Last Updated:

1. micktee28

micktee28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had a look around for this problem so apologises if it has been answered somewhere else.

I have added some contacts to my gmail account via pc. I have added email addresses to some people but when I go into messages then contacts it seems to duplicate these showing them once for phone number and once for email address. Its not a big problem but was wondering if there was a way to just show phone numbers.

Thanks
    M

Advertisement
  2. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

So are you saying that on gmail on the pc the contact is showing once, with the phone number & email address for that contact??

Pete

Scrub that question, i have just checked mine and it does the same, must be a glitch as i know my contacts are all ok but there is a way round it....stop using the stock messaging app and install Handcent, this shows the contacts correctly and is a million times better than the stock one...

Handcent

Hope this helps and sorry there is no other way around it.

Pete

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

I think that accessing contacts via messaging is designed like that for quick access to numbers and being able to multiselect numbers instead of having to go right into the contact to select it. If you you go into the People app your contacts are displayed properly with numbers and emails under one name.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its not a glitch, its by design - although why I have no idea. Its so you can quickly send a SMS to the number or an MMS to the email.

5. micktee28

micktee28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for that, as I said it is not a big problem just thought I might be missing something obvious. I have only had the phone for a week so still trying to figure it out :). I will give that app a try.

Thanks again.
    M

6. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

lol, its a very silly design, much prefer handcent ;)

7. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

if you dont like messaging that way you could always go to the People app open up the contact you would like to send a message then select number to message and do it that way.