1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Email alert, won't shut off! And inbox empty!Support

1. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

Every day I shut off the email alerts, and every day I hear the alert when I receive emails. Why won't it stay off?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheBigKahuna

Well, it's off now, because the email app won't update. All of a sudden, my Tab won't receive email. All server settings are still correct, nothing has changed. Might have been the update. But the email won't do anything now. At least it stopped beeping!
  3. TheBigKahuna

I'm getting alerts in the lower right corner telling me I have new emails, but even if I click on the link there, it takes me to an empty inbox.
  4. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

Have you allowed your email app to sync to your email? That is found in Settings, then Accounts, then tap your email address that associated with your account.
  5. TheBigKahuna

Yeah, it's not that. One day it was working fine, and then suddenly all inboxes are empty and no new mail shows up. No settings were changed. I've gone through and checked all settings, etc. I still get notifications that new mail has arrived, and when I pull up the slider on the bottom right corner, it gives me a preview of the mail and everything. And if I click on the email to be taken to it, sometimes I can view it for a few seconds, then it disappears I'm staring at an empty inbox again.
  6. TheBigKahuna

Audible alerts back on again. Which is just cruel, because the inboxes are still empty. I get notifications in the lower right pull up menu telling me I ave email, but they won't load into the inbox.