Email and Battery Issues - Appreciate advice.Support

Last Updated:

1. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I got my desire around a week ago, swapped from X10, due to some issues, and now have some brand new issues with my Desire.

Last night, my battery dropped by around 20% over night, and when I checked spare parts, it said up time 7 hours, awake time 7 hours, and the culprit seems to be facebook, which shows as partial wakelock? Any way I can stop this from happening?

Second, I have set up my blueyonder email account, through the mail application, but it keeps deleting my emails on its own! lol.
    Basically, some emails come in, and seconds later, they are deleted before I can even select them! lol.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

It's a black HTC Desire on Orange UK, running 2.2

Cheers,
    Jon

Advertisement
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Firstly, what version of the Facebook app ? A couple of the releases had Partial Wake issues (1.3 and 1.3.1 I think). I have 1.3.2 and it's fine now. If you have the right version you could try a reboot just to shake it out.

How is your email set-up ? Do you have anything else (desktop for instance) using POP and deleting the mails from the server? Are you using POP or IMAP to connect to Blueyonder ?

3. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply :)

I have just solved my email problems. It was originally set up as pop3 and was constantly deleting the emails, but I have now changed it to IMAP and it;s working fine! Yay :)

As for facebook, I have version 1.3.2, so i'll try again tonight and see what happens, after i've restarted my phone :)

Thanks for the advice and your reply.

Jon