Email and data problems - hating this phone so far...Support

Last Updated:

1. jack880

jack880 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. I'm posting here out of desparation - I'm about to smash my phone.

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me.

My operator has kindly discontinued my unlimited data plan, and put me on a 500MB per month allowance. I've used 10% of that in about 4 hours since I started monitoring my data usage. I noticed my hotmail account was filling my inbox with all my old emails up to over a month back, and was also automatically downloading every attachment to the micro SD card without me asking it to. I changed the settings to limit the email size to 5kb (text only) and changed the "download options" to "by days", set to 3 days. The phone still kept using loads of data, even with all the auto syncing turned off.

I deleted the hotmail account and readded it with the above settings (5kb, every 3 days). Now if an email has an attachment, it doesn't even tell me it's got an attachment. All I want is for it to tell me there's an attachment, but only actually download it if I ask it to. It seems that if the email does have an attachment, it doesn't tell me it's got one, but starts downloading it as soon as I open the email without even telling me it's doing it.

Does anyone know how to sort this out??

Thanks loads in advance.

Advertisement