Email and other questions...Support

Last Updated:

1. Nitrox36

Nitrox36 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Gmail account set up, and apparently in the settings for it I can choose a custom notification sound. I also have a POP account set up (my main email account) In the setting for that: settings -> notification settings, I only have the check boxes to turn notification sound on or off. I do not have the option anywhere that I can see to pick a custom sound. (I do not like the lousy sounds that come on phones.)
    Is there a way to apply custom sounds to delivered emails in the mail app? I don't want to forward my domain email to gmail.

Is there a way to choose on a per email basis to delete on the server as well or is it every time or never depending on the one check box? I don't always want to delete it from my server, but junk emails need to go on both...

Is there anyway to easily turn off all notification sounds except for the phone? I don't need to know about emails or texts overnight, but I have to be able to answer the phone. BB had a phone only mode, but I haven't found anything similar on the Evo.

Coming from a Blackberry all this Andriod stuff is new and a little frustrating. Should it be restarted every day or so? I had it 25 hours and and it was running so slow I couldn't believe it.

I've been looking around the forums but haven't found any relevant answers. Links to solutions, or even nice colorful crayon explanations for my simple mind would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Nitrox36

Nitrox36 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the help. I'll be returning it this afternoon. (I think, no one at the Sprint store will pickup the phone.) It decided to wake me up at 2:04 this morning by sounding an annoying notification for an email. Too bad I put it in Silent mode at 11:30. So the phone not only starts up programs I don't use, but it decides what mode to be in all on its own. Have no use for Google Voice and even had the nerve to deselect the auto sign in feature, it still starts up every time I restart the phone and even within minutes of ending the program.
    I shouldn't have to read hundreds of threads and download several programs in an attempt to get battery time measured in hours instead of minutes. It has been off the charger for 40 minutes and already the battery icon has a bar missing. I paid how much for a wireless device that has to be kept on a charger all the time? I'm supposed to pay $10 a month extra for 4G service that is available in my city, just not on my side of town, in addition to the extra car and wall chargers, plus an increased home electric bill. I don't think so.
    I wanted to like this phone and do like most of it, but it isn't worth the aggravation and being woken up in the middle of the night because it doesn't like silent mode.