EMAIL: Annoying "Show HTML" "Show Picture" buttons

Last Updated:

1. mkanet

mkanet Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I know I'm not the only person that gets emails with embedded html or inlined images via google mail. When I get emails like this, I have to click on "Show HTML" or "Show Picture" every single time an email comes in if I actually want to see the email the way it was intended to be shown. I know for a fact that iphones and other email readers dont have any issues with this.

Is there a setting to automatically display the email the way it was meant to be shown instead of having to click these buttons each time I want to view the email correctly? Or, perhaps there's already a market app that forces the android email client to display emails correctly?

This is not to be confused with a similar known bug where the android email app using non-google email accounts dont even have an option to manually display html/inlined images; let alone automatically showing the email in it's entirety.

I know that google employees (even the engineers who designed the builtin email client receive emails with html/embedded images)... and, probably dont click on those buttons every single time they get an email thats not just plain text.

Advertisement
  2. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

AOL mail shows images automatically why can't Gmail. I'm bamboozled. :/ Hate pushing on the view pictures button everytime I get an email via Gmail.

3. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

+1 to this thread, lil annoying each time hope im just missing the option to always show images or something similar.

4. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

If enough of us make a suggestion to Google to eliminate the button and make it a default, they might change it:

Go here and make the suggestion: Suggest a feature for Gmail - Gmail Help

I wrote something like this: Please remove the button that is required to see images.

5. mkanet

mkanet Member This Topic's Starter

There's something we're missing email from Google displays correctly by default without having to press any unessessary buttons. There must be some code they insert for the reader to show html.