Email App Not Sending EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my work email setup in the email app. Ive never had an issue sending email on any phone ive had before.

All of my settings are correct and i can receive them fine.

They just sit in outbox and whenever i go select them all and tell it to send selected messages nothing happens. They don't send and I don't get any error or anything.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. Using K-9 mail but I don't think that makes any difference. I checked my outgoing server settings and thought they were correct but thanks to a tip from cmunroe50 over on Fascinate forums.com I went back in to the outgoing server set-up and clicked that a signature was required and put in the info according to his directions. I had to make sure I was not using the default outgoing mail smtp server name but the one that Time-Warner had supplied. I had to put in my full email address as username. Then put in the account password. Suddenly all those emails that were stuck in the Outbox were sent. I hope this helps. Here is link to his post.
    If you are having trouble with Time Warners Road runner email or any email read this.

3. ohyeaah

ohyeaah New Member

First post to this forum.

I had the same problem. In the outgoing server settings, I changed the port from 25 to 587. I also had to check the box at the bottom that states "required sign in". I then input my entire email address and password, and it worked!

Good Luck