1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Email apps

Last Updated:

1. Drang

Drang Active Member This Topic's Starter

Do any of the alternate email applications--K9, Maildroid, etc.--allow you to delete emails from the inbox? I keep thinking that I must be missing something in the stock Gmail app that I can't figure out how to do that.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

Are you referring to deleting email on your Android or the gmail server inbox? K9 has a setting that allows you to delete or mark emails as read on the server.

3. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Not knowing what version gmail mail app you are using makes it a little difficult to assit. For example with my gmail app the stock Foro version all we need to do is click the checkbox then hit menue button and select delete. Now if you log into a browser on a desktop/laptop and log into your gmail account you will not that they have been relocated to an "IMAP deleted" label from there if that is not deleted enough you can delete as per normal with in gmail. But as I said not knowing your app details it may be different.

4. Drang

Drang Active Member This Topic's Starter

it's a checkbox...:(

5. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member

In MailDroid, just long-press any email to delete, or click the checkbox and click menu --> delete, or go into the email and click the delete button.