• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email apps?

I've downloaded Seven, and I really like it, but it seems to have rejuvenated the battery problems I used to have because, at least as far as I can tell, there isn't any way to control how frequently it checks for new email. I'm back to needing to charge my phone by the time I leave my office each night.

I have 3 email accounts -- Yahoo, Gmail, and my work account, which is MS Exchange

Am I missing something/does anyone know how to access that setting?

I do love how there are different notification icons for different email accounts -- because of the way I use my different accounts, I can tell at a glance whether it's a work message that I need to view immediately or a commercial email that I'll likely just be deleting eventually anyway. Would also be great if there was a way to use different notification sounds, so I'd know without even having to reach into my pocket.

Upvote 0
Just have gmail check your accounts, aside from Exchange, and then use the native gmail app. Create all your filters in your gmail account and then you won't lose them if you get a new phone, lose your phone, and so on. GMail even has an option to send as whoever the original was sent to, which works sending from your phone, so no-one will even know you didn't respond from your original account.

Upvote 0
The Sprint Mobile Email App available on phones like the original Instinct is actually pretty nice. It's a true push email client, so it doesn't burn your batery down by polling for emails at whichever time frequency such as the htc email loaded on the Hero.

Unfortunately, the version SEVEN has for the htc magic (used for the hero) causes 100% wake issue, BUT...you can set it to pause for certain times on weekdays and weekends. It's a little glitchy overall, but I need an email client which supports OWA and this is the only email app I've had success with. I couldn't get K9 to work.

Once 2.1 finally arrives, I'm just S.O.L. Unless that version of Android comes with OWA support, because the I'm pretty sure the only version we can use SEVEN for is 1.5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones