email attachmentsGeneral

1. martinvs

martinvs New Member

Sure this should be obvious, but..

I've just bought a Galaxy Y, and set up my BT Yahoo email account. Messages download and open fine. But I can't see how I'm supposed to open attachments. This includes small standard files like txt and jpg files which my old non-smartphone handled fine.

Emails arrive with a paperclip sign in the list of messages, and in the header when the message is opened. But there doesn't seem to be any option to open or save any attachment.

Any help much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. varun.chitre15

varun.chitre15 Well-Known Member

The options of downloading the attachment shud be there.
    But anyway why u r using stock email app?
    Try out the k9 mail app from market.
    Its awesome.
    I personally use it. Its nice.
    Try it.
  3. martinvs

martinvs New Member

thanks.

I've downloaded and set up K9 mail OK, but again I can't see any menu options to handle attachments. Maybe I've got a setting wrong somewhere??
  4. martinvs

martinvs New Member

GOT IT - I have to scroll up to see and save any attachments!!

The message opens at the text, so you don't see the attachment straight off.
  5. varun.chitre15

varun.chitre15 Well-Known Member

Yeah!
    Glad that u resolved the issue
  6. afballoffet

afballoffet New Member

I travel overseas very frequently. I have a T-Mobile account and a Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G smart phone. I have my net@ddress email forwarded to my phone which works great in the US, but overseas can result in huge roaming charges for transmitting email with large attachments unless I am in a Wifi zone. Quite often I need to check email when I am NOT in a Wifi zone and I was generally able to do this previously with my Blackberry without huge roaming charges.

Is it possible to receive email messages WITHOUT the attachments on my phone, while still keeping them for when I am using my computer in a Wifi area? If so, how do I set this up on my phone?