Email Auto-Syncing IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. samsungfascinate

samsungfascinate New Member This Topic's Starter

I use the Email App that was on the phone (not the specific Gmail app). I have two Gmail accounts and one school email app. All of the settings are set to check every 5 minutes. All three email accounts have been syncing fine for the first two days that I have had the phone, but all of a sudden the two Gmail accounts have stopped autosyncing. However, none of the settings have changed. My school email receives all my emails every 5 minutes, but my two Gmail accounts will only get the email once I enter the accounts and do a manual sync.
    Both of my Gmail accounts are set to IMAP and they are all on the right settings.

This is weird that an Android phone is having issues with Gmail and not the other accounts..

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me??

Advertisement
  2. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member

I'm getting no email notifications at all. I have to go into the account and then the indicator goes off. Not sure what the deal is.

3. Dewg

Dewg Member

It's probably linked to this same issue - I'm sure it'll get fixed in the next update:

Email Sync:
    In some cases exchange e-mail and yahoo mail can stop syncing
    Short term work around: The user can manually sync
    Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in the MR 1 release for this device.

4. samsungfascinate

samsungfascinate New Member This Topic's Starter

My exchange e-mail is working fine, it is the gmail ones that are not working at all.
    When is the next update coming? Emails are a big deal...I can may be wait two weeks or so, but if the update isn't coming for about another month, then that's a really long time to go without having email syncs.

5. Kentuckyblue

Kentuckyblue New Member

I have GMail and BB Mail on my home computer. Both emails sync fine with my Fascinate. What they wont do is sync the contacts. What this means is that Verizon's AutoBackup will not work with the Fascinate. There is some confusion in that the features shown by Verizon say that Auto Backup will work; if you go to the Samsung detail features you will see that says it does not support backup. For those who, like me, have a false sense of security that their contacts are backed up in the event you lose your phone, not so. One way you check this is to logon to your GMail account, click on Contacts, and see if the contact listing from your phone pops up and allows you to make edits. Ain't it fun!!!!

6. meortman

meortman Member

I would like to know where to look for the new update for the Fascinate. Where do you look for that? Thank you.

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly from your first post you are using the "email" icon for your gmail set up? If you go into Settings, then Accounts and sync, do you have Background sync and Auto sync checked? Then under Manage accounts it should show both your gmails and they should be sync'd? Yes or no?

8. woodyt74

woodyt74 Well-Known Member

My email is set up the same way and the first day my POP and gmail accounts all synced up fine. About halfway through day two, only the gmail account syncs. I have do go into the POP accounts and do a refresh to get email, a PIA and very frustrating. Otherwise, I'm loving this phone! :D