Email coming through WIFI?Support

Last Updated:

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if anyone had an answer to this. When I'm home I have my WIFI on the entire time, but I was wondering when I get an email does it get sent to my phone through my WIFI connection or does it still get sent from the cell tower? I'm assuming that texts get sent solely through the cell towers but since email is web based could it or does it come through wifi if its on?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Leonord

Leonord Member

Email goes throught the internet

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Texts and phone calls will go through the cell radio. Email goes through the Internet. If you have 3g on, it will come through that. If you have wifi on, it will come through that.

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

All outbound transmissions connects with a tower, data or calls. I believe they then travels digitally to the outbound transmission vehical necessary - towers for calls and data going to you when you're connected to the Sprint network. Data will go to you digitally via internet and your wifi when you're not on the network. When you turn your phone on 3G/4G, you're notifying the network you want to receive digital (data) info via tower transmission. When you turn on wifi, you're notifying the network to send digital info to your wifi's ip address.

isaemm likes this.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

lol...isn't this a much more complicated way of saying what sitlet just did? :p