Email delivery

Last Updated:

1. amdmanx

amdmanx New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have to power cycle their droid once a day to get emails to down load. Usually once a day the emails stop. To get them to start again, I need to power cycle the phone then the emails continue for around a day then stop again. Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Hamnrye

Hamnrye Member

I've had the same issue several times. However I noticed this morning the far right icon on the power control widget (sync) was turned off, though I'm pretty sure that hasn't always been the case. I've had tried refreshing the individual mail accounts to no avail. When this has happened, after cycling the power off and then on, the emails come flying in. Enjoying my Droid but would love to have this fixed.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The far right icon on the native Power Widget is for auto-screen brightness. Unless I am mistaken, that should not have anything to do with connectivity.

Did you mean the one to its left?

4. Hamnrye

Hamnrye Member

Oh, my bad. Yep, second from the right.

5. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have the sync off and I still get my emails. I have 3 accounts set up in K9. I have two of them set to check for notifications every minute. (The other one I don't care as much about.) I usually get the email on my phone before I get it on my computer.

ETA: Actually it's the folder poll checker, not notification checker.

6. Hamnrye

Hamnrye Member

My issue is a bit different. I too have three different email accounts not including my Gmail. The accounts all pull email without any trouble but then will stop pulling and won't resume with a cycling the power off/on. Once it powers back up the emails that are backlogged will quickly get pulled in. During the time when it won't pull if I go into the email accounts and run the test on the incoming mail it hangs when attempting to verify the incoming settings. Once my Moto Droid has been powered off/on the same settings will verify without a problem.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I wonder if this is an issue with either timeouts, where it stops pulling if it receives a network error, and never tries again, or connectivity issues, whereby it simply stops connecting to save power after a certain battery level is reached?

8. DroidRoid

DroidRoid Active Member

I have the same problem. I thought I was going crazy. The sync will not be set. Once I set it then it dumps everything. It has been working with out any issues until about a week ago. Now it happens about everyday.
    At first I thought it was a captcha problem and 1 time it was, but every other time has been the sync issue.
    I didn't know power cycling would help. I will try that. :confused: