Email Disappeared

Last Updated:

1. jem417

jem417 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Captivate since the 19th of July and have been pretty happy with it but today my email accounts disappeared from my phone.

I've been using the email app that came with the phone without issues but today my personal gmail and my work exchange accounts vanished. I noticed I hadn't received a new email notification in several hours so I went to check my email it prompted me to setup an email account.

Anyone else have this happen? I only have 2 days to return my Captivate, it's been a good phone so far but I cant afford to lose my email accounts for no apparent reason again. I haven't installed any new apps or made any changes to the phone.

Coming from the Blackberry world I took it for granted that email just worked flawlessly.

Advertisement
  2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Active Member

I just had this happen to ny Exchange account on my phone. I removed and readded the account and it's back. When the IT guy initially set up my phone, he told me that another Moto Droid user had it happen to her so looks like it's not exclusive to the handset.

3. Brav

Brav Member

I had this happen now too.. I have 2 pop emails, and my gmail. The strange thing is I can open my Gmail app but not the regular email app. my feeling is that they are there somewhere, I don't want to add new accounts. Has anyone found a solution to this?

4. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

has happened a week ago and two mths before....real pain..had to completely delete my email agent and reinstall. i love the native email agent but when it suddenly doesnt know who you are or it says invalid password when you have done nothing wrong............its a pain.......