email (gmail) will not stay deleted.Support

1. Legionarius

Legionarius New Member

Hello,
    This is my first android phone (note 3 AT&T) and so far I like it, I have ran into a problem that I can not figure out the solution to.

- my gmail emails will not stay deleted when I delete them from my phone.
    - sync email is checked
    - "set sync schedule" is set to automatic (push)

Anytime I get a new email, all the previous emails return to my phone inbox, and i'll have a badge that reads 23 and counting. I delete them all, then a new email arrives and now I have 24 emails in my inbox. It appears the phone is not syncing with my gmail inbox and actually deleting them from actual gmail inbox.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

btw this is my first post, I have been lurking here while learning my away around this being my first android and have found all my answers thus far.

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Welcome to the Android Forums Note 3 sub-forums Legionarius. I have to wonder if this is an AT&T specific issue. Having exactly the same settings on my T-Mobile Note 3 I don't experience that issue. I'm using Gmail version 4.7.2 (967015) in case you're using an older version.
  3. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I have 4.7.2 on AT&T and I don't have that problem so probably the phone??? I don't really see a setting that would cause that though.
  4. Legionarius

Legionarius New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I solved the issue by Un installing gmail and re installing/seeing it up with the same settings I had above. Something somewhere along the line got fubar'd. But this solved the issue!