1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Email help. No getting all mail.Support

1. Kmfiremedic111

Kmfiremedic111 Well-Known Member

I have my phone check my comcast email every hour. A majority of the time I get all of my emails. Seems as of lately I check my mail online through my computer and I notice mail from a few days prior that I never got through my phone. It is basically not getting all of my emails. This is frustrating. Anyone have the same problem? Even if not comcast mail??

Also does it matter which setting I choose wether SSL, TLS, SSL (all certificates), or any of the other ones when setting up an account?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Besides security, have you noticed anything about the missed emails which could cause non-delivery, such as size, specific domains (which could be related to security), etc?
  3. Kmfiremedic111

Kmfiremedic111 Well-Known Member

No. One was just a simple 3 sentence email. No attachments or anything. Some times I won't get a piece of email untill a couple of days later!

Also can anyone tell me if it matters what security setting you choose like SSL, SSL all certificate, TLS, or anything else?

Another funny thing is every now and then I get a "ghost email" that is dated 12/31/1969 with nothing in it.
  4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Email did not work for me well, either - sometime I got it an hour after it was sent.
    Sometimes a day.
    Someone turned me onto maildroid - and it works.
  5. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

I've had similar problems with the stock android email client not syncing (although the gmail account always seems to work just fine). I've had this problem on my prior Droid X and on the optimus s... i.e. I think this is an issue with android's stock email sync app, not specifically the optimus S.

I use yahoo's email client for my yahoo mail account and I was using improved mail for a previous exchange based work account. I also hear good things about maildroid but I haven't tried it.
  6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

The stock android email app stinks like roadkill. I use K9 email for my work email, and I use the Gmail app for my gmail accounts.
  7. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

8. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

The default android app only "caches" the first 25 emails. So if you have 27 emails it will keep re-downloading them, until you remove them from the server.

K9 Mail works well.
  9. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member

+1 for K9

couldnt get one of my email accounts to send messages, I downloaded K9, it integrated ALL of my email accounts into 1 app and it works flawlessly

I need my email on my phone without K9 I might have went to a blackberry