Email Help?!

Last Updated:

1. magicmat

magicmat Active Member This Topic's Starter

I need help!

I have a new Hero on its way...very exciting! I would like to use this to view my emails remotely. EG I dont want to to download them, I just want to see them, reply, and delete etc.

**Quick run down - I currently have Outlook, with a personal email account (freeserve, received via my Virgin web provider), and a business email account (received via freeview, sends via Virgin). Sorry for my very non-technical explanation!**

I don't use GMail, but have seen that I can add my email accounts to this, and that should to the job for me. However, I want to be able to reply to emails from different addresses, and not have the "sent via gmail blah blah" on the emails.

Sooo, anouther alternative is getting a paid hosted email provider to replace my current method of just using my outlook. Would I then be able to receive and reply to email on my Hero, and have it sync with my various email accounts? And I guess it will also sync contacts and calander?

Anyone with any emailing advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. magicmat

magicmat Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK...done more digging...it looks like I need to get a hosted Exchange service, and possibly Touchdown, is that what people would recommend? In which case, does the software allow you to select alternative FROM addresses? Can you use it with multiple email accounts? And are the contacts synced with the contacts on the phone?

Thanks!!