1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Email indicates -1 email Samsung Galaxy SIII

1. ecuagatas

ecuagatas New Member

My email application indicator (white envelope with red @ in the center) has an indicator in the upper right corner, an orange circle with a number in it that represents the number of emails I have. When I have no emails it indicates -1. When it shows a 3, I have 4 unread emails, and so forth. When I remove the email account and reinstall it, it works for an hour or so, then back to -1. Once it became -2. I have searched all over the Internet and Android forums to find resolution. How can no one else be having this issue? Is there an app I may have installed that causes this aberration? Constantly removing and reinstalling the email address is a pain, and not a permanent solution. I use a combined inbox for 6 email address, 5 are comcast, and 1 is Gmail. Any ideas? This has been going on for months and I just work around it, but it

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Have you tried maybe searching your trashcan or spam or potentially one of the folders you have within your email? Maybe you have an unread email there causing issues.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome ecuagatas!
    I have seen a thread about this before and when I saw your post, I frantically searched for it but can't quite find it yet. I want to say the solution, or partial solution was to go into the mail app, clear data, and re-setup the email accounts. But not 100% sure that was it. I know it's around somewhere.
    Also I think others have suggested a pending delete on the mail server. Maybe?
    Not to worry, I'll find that elusive thread:)
  4. ecuagatas

ecuagatas New Member

Thanks. Have deleted and recreated email (over and over); problem reoccurs. I have searched for thread too - no luck. Learning to live with -1 email! :)
  5. Bama76

Bama76 New Member

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note II. It appears to have started with the last software update. Any fix?