• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email issues Epic email app and K-9 - help please!

msprong

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

I am a Blackberry user, but have recently purchased the Epic from Sprint to see what all the excitement is all about. Let me say, I love the phone...EXCEPT for the most important feature to me - EMAIL.

I have 2 accounts (POP Mail (through GoDaddy); and Exchange). I have downloaded K-9 and using that along with the email client that came with the phone.

Here are my findings/problems:

POP Mail -

On K-9 it works most of the time. Occasionally it gives me a message about Socket not being connected. On the email application that came with the phone, it usually cannot find the server when the wifi is turned off. When the wifi is turned on, there are no issues. The problem is that I MUST be aple to get the POP mail using 3G. I've called GoDaddy and they confirmed the settings are correct and said it maybe a connection issue related to 3G. So is it a Sprint issue? Samsung issue? Hope there is a simple fix as this is my main concern with the phone. I want to be able to get all my email on one application.

Exchange -

Exchange email sends and receives fine on the email app that came with the phone. Unfortunately, the emails delete from the phone automatically after awhile. Why is this? I can't find an option that says to leave on server. Help!

As far as using Exchange on K-9, it doesn't work. Shouldn't I be able to just enter my email and login and it automatically sets up. That is how I did it with the email app on the phone. Does K-9 handle Exchange?

Hopefully you can help me. If I can't get the email working correctly, I'll have to bring it back before the 30 day are up. That would be a sad day. I do love my BB, but would love to keep the Epic.

Thanks in advance,

MS

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones