Email issues with BellsouthSupport

Last Updated:

1. Droidboy60

Droidboy60 Member This Topic's Starter

Love my Droid but have had numerous problems getting it to consistently retrieve and send emails. verizon tech told me that there seems to be issues with Bellsouth. A few times a restart would do it following a battery removal. Since that is not practical the next suggestion was to send the outgoing bellsouth emails through a new G mail account which sends the bellsouth message on behalf my bellsouth email. Seems to be working- for now. Any of you have email issues???

Advertisement
  2. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Several of us are having issues. POP3 on the droid is below standard. Check the sig and star the issue.

3. Techdroid

Techdroid Member

My email always dissappears everyday, sometimes before I get a chance to read them.

4. Durkan

Durkan Well-Known Member

Receiving email from bellsouth shouldnt be a problem, however you cant send email through your phone because bellsouth blocks email sent from any servers other than their own. You would have to be connected to bellsouth via your wifi on the phone. Hope this helps.

5. bridge70433

bridge70433 New Member

Can you tell me what settings you used to set your gmail as your outgoing and bellsouth as your incoming? I have been trying to get this setup and have had no luck.