Email issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jezza

jezza New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Seem to have a problem with emails appearing and disappearing on my Desire, some appearing on Outlook on my PC and some not. Saw an email this morning (quite an important one!) on the Desire, didn't appear on the PC and now has gone from the Desire

Have gmail pop account and use Outlook on my pc. Delete Emails on Server was set to off on the Desire. Tried to overcome this problem and set Outlook to leave copy of email on server. Sent a couple of tests from another account but this does not seem to have made a difference

have now deleted the account on the Desire and emails being received on Outlook ok - however would like the facility of receiving emails on both Desire and PC if possible (as on my previous Orbit phone)

Thanks

Jezza

Advertisement
  2. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

Switching the account settings from POP3 to IMAP will fix the problem of messages appearing and disappearing on the Desire, but it doesn't get round the issue of mail only appearing on the first device you download it to.

3. jezza

jezza New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Zaichik - have switched to IMAP on my Desire but have left pop settings on my PC for same account. My thinking in my complete ignorance of these matters is that an email coming into my account would appear as usual via pop on my PC and by IMAP on my phone. Can't quite figure out if this would work - Seems to work so far I think

Grateful for views

Cheers

Jezza