email no longer push

Last Updated:

1. sinkcolinsink

sinkcolinsink Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, recently I've noticed that my droid recieves my emails all at once, one second there won't be anything in my inbox and the next second I'll have thirty emails, I really ntice it with facebook. What could be the issue?

Advertisement
  2. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I had the same problem a few weeks back. I did the *228 option 1 and it fixed the problem for me. Hope that helps

3. sinkcolinsink

sinkcolinsink Member This Topic's Starter

Alright I just did that, we'll see what happens. Any other tips?

4. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

You didn't mention what email application your using. Is it your gmail account? Corporate email? The built in imap/pop "email" app on the phone? 3rd party app like k-9 mail?

It would help to know which push mechanism your asking about.

5. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

ditto.. i use the gmail app.. and that has been slow as shit the past few days

6. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

exactly we need to know that. Especially which email provider you have (ie Yahoo, Hotmail, Live, MSN, etc)

7. summerfish

Make sure in your gmail settings (online at gmail.com in settings) that it is set to IMAP enabled. I also turned off POP, and I've always had email without a hitch.

8. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

well i personally think that the google servers are just slow at pushing... it doesnt makes sense that it was working great with my blackberry over IMAP and the past 1.5 months on the droid then just starting to suck the past week or so

9. summerfish

Personally I think that we're gonna see more issues with service within a year. I think Android/Google/Verizon are all in for a sudden surge of demands like how ATT/iPhone had issues. But also with the fact that More people are getting Android Phones it stresses the systems more. Gotta make room for expansion.

10. manganos

manganos Member

If a cell tower has 8 or more T1's allocated for it then it is/should be provisioned for a mux to be placed.

Verizon has a bunch of SONET rings going to cell towers and it is only the start. Soon all of the towers will have FTTCS (fiber to the cell site) to increase bandwith for the 4g LTE. :)

I don't think you have to worry about verizon's backbone yet.

11. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I too was getting my email quite reguarly up till the update. I have an Aol account and a MSN as well as Gmail. It went about 2 weeks with nothing at all even if I went in and tried to recieve it manually. Then about 2 days ago Viola I got email and it kept loading it for emails dated back as far as dec13. Maybe it was something to do with the update? That seems to be when my problem started. Now it seems to be working ok, I still can't set up my yahoo thoo. It is a weird account thoo yahoo.co.nz.