• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email not coming in after DI has been sleeping for a while

greenrolaids

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
Seattle
I was testing my phone and found that if i JUST set it to sleep it will notify me of new emails.

But i waited until it was asleep for over 25 min and i sent 2 emails from 2 different email accounts and neither one showed up on my phone until i unlocked it and hit airplane mode and then unchecked airplane mode.

i have the mobile data set to always on.

I do have only 1 bar at -99 signal strength.

but if i turn on and off airplane mode the emails come right in after a prolonged sleep.

i'm going to see if i can reproduce this issue.

the "always on mobile data" has to be enabled otherwise you will get delays until the device "wakes" up

yeah, i had the "always on mobile data" on when i first noticed this problem.

i just tested it again.

My phone was sleeping for about 40 min and no problems getting email alerts while it was sleeping.

I cant seem to replicate my original problem.. and that, for the most part is a good thing.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem when the phone is in sleep mode. I have the mobile data set to always on the auto sync checked, and the wi-fi sleep policy set to never. It is really bothering me. I have not been able to get email until I wake the phone up. It is particularly bad since my Google Voice text messages don't come in either. I even have it forwards messages to my email as a fail safe. That hasn't helped. Somebody please help me.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem when the phone is in sleep mode. I have the mobile data set to always on the auto sync checked, and the wi-fi sleep policy set to never. It is really bothering me. I have not been able to get email until I wake the phone up. It is particularly bad since my Google Voice text messages don't come in either. I even have it forwards messages to my email as a fail safe. That hasn't helped. Somebody please help me.

same problem with me too. I've had this problem since I got the phone the first week they came out. I made a similar thread asking for help but no one responded. Maybe this is a rare problem. Really pisses me off though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones