• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email (not Gmail) notifications just... stopped.

dt_

Mar 24, 2010
Hi guys,

In the past couple days I noticed that apparently I wasn't getting any emails in my IMAP account.. well so I thought, until I checked my email and I had 5 new ones. Apparently the notification for email hasn't been working. Same thing happened today. In the last 3 or 4 days I haven't been getting any new email notifications.
Gmail works fine, however -- push seems to work fine and all. It's just my IMAP account.

I have it set to check every 15 minutes and haven't changed any email settings recently at all. In fact I haven't changed any email settings since I got the phone and set it up initially.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've already rebooted the phone. lol

Thanks! :)

dt

EDIT I sent myself a test email and it did display the notification. Weird. Maybe rebooting the phone fixed it? Or it's just sporadic.. o_O

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones