Email not refreshing nowSupport

Last Updated:

1. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really odd situation but my gmail isnt refreshing anymore. I woke up this morning and checked my phone(as I always do) and saw there were no emails. I found it strange since I usually get emails throughout the night(forum emails what?). I went to my computer and sure enough, there were 11 emails waiting for me.

I refreshed on the phone and they all popped up. A couple hours later the same thing happened. Looked at my phone and felt something was off. The computer showed 7 new emails. Refreshed the phone and bam, they popped up.

Anyone else getting a delay or no gmails(unless refreshed) on their phone at all?

Advertisement
  2. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Did you by any chance disable synchonizationwith your gmail account?
    Settings>accounts&sync
    Or just tapped it off on the power bar?

3. HyperM3

Naw, I checked that. Just odd though. They started coming through fine later in the day today. But in the morning I still had to do the refresh thing.

4. HyperM3

Ugh, this is still happening. So weird and I don't know what to do. I called ATT last night to get the IMEI for the phone registered on the network hoping that was the issue.

I was going to delete the gmail account and then re-enter it but the phone said removing it would get rid of everything on the phone and that I would have to do a factory reset.

Anyone got any ideas?

5. jacindc

jacindc Active Member

Had you installed any new apps right before it stopped working? Some apps do seem to not play well with the Gmail sync. Same thing happened to me--wish I could remember which one I ended up uninstalling, but after I did, I got my mail sync back.

You might want to back out of your added apps, and then add them back one at a time, slowly, to see if you can figure out a culprit.

HyperM3 likes this.
  6. HyperM3

^ hmm, I usually add like 3 apps at a time when I get giddy. Guess I could give that a try, good looking out!

7. HyperM3

So I deleted many of the apps I wasn't using and sure enough my email is refreshing faster on the N1 than on the computer itself. Thanks!