1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Email Not SyncingSupport

1. supanatral

supanatral New Member

I updated to firmware 4.1.1 and ever since then I've been having problems with my email.

Just randomly, my email will stop automatically syncing. This includes my 2 Microsoft Exchange accounts and my Gmail account as well. I can manually sync it but it doesn't get pushed to my phone unless I manually select the sync icon.

I've gone through the options such as "sync frequency" and both accounts are set to "automatic (push)" and email is also setup to syncronize.

I've wiped my phone 3 times and finally gave up and installed original supported firmware which is not cracked and it's still randomly giving me this problem after 1-2 weeks.

Whats causing this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Kookas

Kookas Well-Known Member

I can also vouch for this. I have a lurking suspicion that it might be related to logging on from other devices.
  3. supanatral

supanatral New Member

After an unbelievable amount of searching I finally found why it was doing this!

After the phone used a certain amount of data, it stopped the auto sync.

To fix this go to: the global Sync setting is in Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu --> Auto Sync Data

Credit: JellyBean 4.1.1 Sync | AVForums.com - UK Online
    Saint Jerome and 4u2nvinmtl like this.
  4. cheesenugget

cheesenugget New Member

i can verify the above solution solved our very similar problem. thanks for the help!
  5. tzm123

tzm123 New Member

On my 4.1.1 HTC Droid DNA, it is in Setting --> Accounts & sync --> Auto sync, I have to enable the Auto sync to make it work.
  6. Jozze

Jozze New Member

I do have same kind of a problem with my Samsung Note II.
    Emails sync'ing works for a while after restart my phone or once opens the sync setups pages and close it.
    After few hours the sync'ing stop working again.
    I had that auto sync data already enabled. so it didn't solve my problem.
  7. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member

Supanatral's solution fixed my problem thank you!

"To fix this go to: the global Sync setting is in Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu --> Auto Sync Data"
  8. mlinux

mlinux New Member

I cannot find "menu" in the "data usage". It shows only internet usage of all apps. Can anyone help me please? (Android Rev. 4.0.3) Thanks.
  9. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

At the top of the screen, after hitting "data usage", you will see the three vertical dots which indicate "settings". Tap the three dots and one of the options will be "auto sync data".
  10. Milowe35

Milowe35 New Member

Supantral - don't know if you dean or sam, but you did all of us a solid by solving this mystery! Awesome!

Thanks!

Supanatral original quote "After an unbelievable amount of searching I finally found why it was doing this!

After the phone used a certain amount of data, it stopped the auto sync.

To fix this go to: the global Sync setting is in Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu --> Auto Sync Data"
  11. telsam

telsam New Member

Pulling my hair out until I found this thread. Emails now syncing again, tears and tantrums stopped. Thank you
  12. jeminijoseph

jeminijoseph New Member

Mine too. Just one email won't sync. It works fine on my desktop. So it's not a password issue. Something goofy.. Still have Auto Sync enabled..