Email Notification but No Email

Last Updated:

1. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

I did a search and found one person that had a similar problem but there was no suggestions that solved it. So I am starting a new thread.

I have been a long time Blackberry user and made the switch to Android just yesterday morning and really love it. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I have noticed that a couple of times I get the email notification sound but there is no email. A couple of minutes later I receive an email with its own notification sound. Another time, I heard the notification sound AND the new email icon on the top left of the screen but there was no email. Several minutes later, the email was delivered to the handset.

The email accounts that I have set up on the handset are one yahoo with mail plus, and one gmail account. I believe the issues happened with the gmail account.

Any advice? Anyone experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. Dallasguy

Bump.

I was hoping that powering it down overnight would solve the problem. As soon as it powered up I received email notification sound with no email. Grrr!
  3. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Is it Gmail?

Could it be spam? You may be getting alerted to a new mail before spam filter decides to can it.
    It wouldn't show up in your inbox then.
  4. Dallasguy

Unfortunately, it is not spam. I just checked my gmail on my pc.
  5. Dallasguy

I just downloaded Advanced Task Killer and noticed that both "Mail" and "Gmail" are open. I have my Gmail account set up as one of two email accounts in "Mail".

Should I close the Gmail account and leave it running as "Mail"?
    Could this be the reason that I am getting two notifications?
    If I should close it, then how? I went into Gmail and hit Menu button but there is no way to log off.
  6. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

No, use gmail app for gamil, and mail app for a.n.other email account. They will show separate icons in notifier.
  7. Dallasguy

Well, the problem is that I am not getting notification on the screen. Only the ringtone. I made sure that the email notification on gmail app is checked in green but still do not get it. I only get it when it comes through the Mail app.

Any suggestions?
  8. Dallasguy

Wait, is the icon notifier "@"?
  9. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

The "@" is a new google mail email notification.
  10. wyldblueangel

wyldblueangel New Member

It doesn't happen often but when it does it's more than once. Several times in a row, the sound and icon but no email. I've checked other folders, looked online and mac mail. Nothing.