Email notification time keeps going back to "droid"Support

Last Updated:

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This seems to be because of 2.2, it didn't do it before the update. I have it set to "face book pop" but after awhile it goes back to "droid". It's not that big a deal but it sure is annoying. That "droid" tone was neat for like five minutes then got on my nerves so I changed to the more subdued noise. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

nynvolt likes this.
  3. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can fix it by changing the notifier sound then change it back. So not so bad I need to pull the battery. Thanks for the reply.

4. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem. But when I get email, my phone RINGS like I'm getting a call. I've reset the **** thing 100 times, every way possible. Battery pulls, even 2 factory resets. Obviously a problem since the upgrade. VZW tech is absolutely no help, I had already done all the things they would recommend. They are sending me another phone.....

5. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

Exact same issue here. I had my email set to a "Facebook Pop" notification, but every time I hard reset, it goes back to the default notification (Droid). Not a big deal, since I don't hard reset often, but when I do (and forget to change the ringtone back) it's annoying.

For me - battery pull does not help, it's actually what causes it. I haven't gone done the factory reset road yet. Anyone try that?

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

To be honest I've had periodic issues of ringers randomly changing on almost every smartphone I've ever owned... Android... Windows Mobile... it just seems to happen now and then. While I find it annoying I've pretty much grown accustomed to it.

7. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

When I'm in dock mode and i get a text message, after drive safe.ly reads it. I get a random track from my library playing in the background.