email notification tone...Support

Last Updated:

1. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep getting a tone about every 30 minutes, I think its a notification that I have email. I dont mind the first time getting a message alert, but every 30 minutes gets kinda annoying. :) Anyone know how to turn it off? I do have handcent but that notification is turned off.

thanks

Jayme

Advertisement
  2. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

I noticed this on my husband's X last night. He's using the "email" client. I had to get up and check it so I could get some sleep! I'm using Google and haven't had that issue, though.

3. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

Which email client? Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo?

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

If your using gmail, once you get to the screen that lists your email press menu>settings>select ringtone>slient.

llamakc and ChiefHopper like this.
  5. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using comcast and gmail. I want to get notified when I get email, I just dont want constant reminder that I didn't read it. :)

6. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Go into the messaging app then go to menu>messaging settings>Emergency alert settings>alert reminder. Then pick a time. Mine was set to off and I don't get extra reminders. See if that works.

7. donaldwthompson

donaldwthompson New Member

Mine does the same thing and my alert reminder is already set to off. This is very anoying. I am using Yahoo and Gmail but Yahoo mailbox is the only one that seems to be doing it. Anyone else have a fix to this?

8. tjewell71

tjewell71 Member

My droid 2 does the same thing, does anyone know how to fix it? Mine happens using my verizon.net email.

9. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Very odd. I'm using Exchange through the email client and I only get notified of new messages once. It doesn't keep reminding. As far as I know there isn't even an option to do that. I use ChompSMS and it has an option to remind of Text messages but never seen anything like that for new emails.