Email Notifications

Last Updated:

1. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Might someone help me out...i was up at 5 am. couldn't sleep. sort of pointless info, but I had emails at that time and I got 4 more. I had 6 total, but they did not show up until I IMMEDIATELY touched on email (my yahoo email account)

I have it set to check every 5 min (i know that is the worst setting for battery).

But I got no sound, that I know of, but they were not even in my box until I went there and I had to wait for 5 seconds or so as one at a time showed up

Can some one help

ps
    as an aside, I have the Seidio innodock. I did get a notification last night, but I have never gotten a ringtone. Will the Droid (N1) not get a ring while sitting on the Dock?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i know there has always been some issues with yahoo.... time to move to gmail!

3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I quit using Yahoo and Hotmail and all those other services when they filled those web clients with so many freaking flashy and blinky ads that took up too much space.

Also stopped using them when they stopped supporting SMTP and IMAP natively and tried to CHARGE for them.

Another thing, when the ads get priority over the mail, it's enough for me to leave. Ads load faster than the content I want, no thanks.

Now, I know GMail has ads, they are text ads, they are low key and don't really bother me because they are placed where they can be ignored or looked at if they interest you at all. They don't cause seizures because they flash so damn much, they don't ask you to hit some damn monkey or whatever, they just exist.

They offer every service I could ask for in a mail host, for FREE. Many I didn't even know I wanted until I started using them, all FREE.

[/rant]

Enjoy. :)

4. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Talderon. I have not seen that because for me when I was working it was easier to stay where i was and pay and not switch when I had the blackberry

other than the ad stuff and things u don't like. Yahoo is great for me, paid at least, might you know what happened here. It is the first night.

thanks a lot for helping
    Eric

5. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Well this may be completely irrelevant but it's worth a shot... Don't use a taskkiller to kill all apps. It will stop your client from checking for mails like it should.