Email on Droid Keeps Reappearing!

Last Updated:

1. obxcape

obxcape New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone experienced this, and, if so, were you able to solve the issue?

My Charter.net email arrives on both my laptop and my Droid phone. I can read the email on the Droid and then delete it. So far, so good. Then, sometime later, the email reappears on the Droid. At the present time, the reappearing emails are showing up from as long ago as April 2nd, the day that I bought traded in my Blackberry for the Droid.

This is getting irritating, to say the least! No matter what I do, the emails just keep coming back! (I have deleted them all from the Charter servers as well but that does not help prevent the problem)...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Joe Murphy
    Nags Head, North Carolina

Advertisement
  2. sleepywan

sleepywan Member

Had a similar issue. I think part of the problem for me was that if I didn't let the entire email download (images, and such) and deleted it before it had downloaded, it would download the email again.

obxcape likes this.
  3. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

I think you are on to something with not letting it download fully before. I get the same thing and at times get like 14 at a time back and it is annoying. I will try to let it finish from now on before erasing it.

4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

same here as the above two posts, let the email fully load before you delete it.. otherwise, you WILL get to see it a second time. ;)

obxcape likes this.
  5. SLDroid

SLDroid Member

Another possibility...at least this is what happens to me. In email settings, say it is set to display 50 messages. When you receive the 51st message, the very first email (the oldest) will be removed. If you then delete the new one that just came in, there are now only 49 being displayed, so on the next refresh, the oldest will again come down and be displayed as an unread email. This is assuming that you have email setup to not remove from server.

6. sbowden99

sbowden99 Member

Had the same problem. Switched to K9 email client and it's been smooth sailing since.

cheers,
    --Seth

7. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

POP3 sucks on our phones. Check the sig and star the issue.

8. desertdawg

desertdawg Member

I had this same problem on my Cox email. I resolved it by changing my "Server Settings" in Mozilla Thunderbird on my desktop. My settings were set to "leave messages on server". I unchecked this option and now I no longer keep receiving the same emails over and over.