Email on Hero

Last Updated:

1. Adie Hughes

Adie Hughes Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have had the hero for a while now and love it, apart from wishing I held on for the desire! and maybe if i had the desire i wish i waited for the 4G!

anyway - my question is this, my partner and myself both have HTC hero and use them for email with googlemail, but we run our own business and have works emails which we would love to check while on the move on our phones.

now i know how to set them up etc....but I have the following questions is someone can help me:

1. If i open an email on my hero will it still be there on my office computer? (i still want the email on the office PC when i get back also)
    2. If I reply to the email on my phone, is the reply recorded on my HERO? if so, can I also set it up that the reply shows in my office PC as well?.........or will i need to keep checking phone and office emails to see whats been sent back and forth from myself and my client?
    Thanks in advance to any reply

Ade (UK on orange)

Advertisement
  2. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

I have an Orange mobile and use it with my own ISP's email. When you set up the account on your hero you can decide and set how it will work. The standard setting is that when the emails are downloaded to the Hero they remain on the ISP's server, so that you can still pick them up when you log on with your computer, which is I think what you want. That is what I have got and it works well. You can change that setting to delete them from your ISP when you receive them on the phone if you want.

You also have an option (again in the settings menu) to bcc to your own email address whenever you send an email. That way you get a copy on your computer of the email you sent on your phone.

3. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

A) Yes, in the settings there is an option to delete from server, if this is ticked then it will delete from both your phone and server, leave this box unticked and it will just delete from you phone. or just dont delete the email.

A) In the mail client settings in the send and recieve bit, there is a check box which says "Always bcc me" if you tick that box, your phone will automatically send yourself a copy of the email, and the recipiant cannot see that you have sent it to them and yourself.

Your Welcome ;)

Edit: Damn Peter you beat me to it. lol shouldnt have refreshed the page lol