Email on the MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. AnnaKuz

AnnaKuz Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I have spent hours and hours on the forum and on my phone trying to figure out how to set up email so it works the way I need to on the phone:
    - I CANNOT change my email address
    - Download my emails from comcast to the phone and leave them on the server so I can download them to my computer (I set my email client to remove emails from server at different intervals as needed)
    - DELETE mails on the phone BOTH in the Inbox and in the Trash on the phone (without deleting them from the comcast server)
    - ADD recipients in my replies and preferably myself by default (or possibly as Bcc)
    - ADD a several text lines (like a Vcard) automatically at the end of all the emails I send

I tried setting up my comcast mail on the Email app (not GMail or Work mail) - it does neither of the things I need. I tried K-9 and found no way to delete from Trash - which is the main reason I tried it.

Anyone - Any ideas?
    Anna

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

When you say you cannot change your email address do you mean the Default Google account on your phone? :)

3. AnnaKuz

I suppose I was not clear - I do not want to change my email address - I have hundreds of clients that I work with and the last time I changed my email address it was a mess;)

4. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

1) in the email app - click on the menu button > click on account settings and then you can edit your incoming settings & outgoing settings... (or add another account)
    2) don't think the native email has the option to save on server, etc.
    3) for the inbox, just hold down on the message and click delete to remove them from your inbox... not sure if you can get rid of them through the trash though...
    4) when you compose mail, click on menu and you'll havet he option for add cc/bcc
    5) not sure if the native email setting has a 'signature' section... if you use moxier, it has that option (along with bcc'ing yourself). i actually like moxier and you may be able to install from comcast onto your moxier... not positive though.

5. AnnaKuz

Hey - thanks for the reply - here are my responses
    1 - I know I can do that, but what I am trying to say is that I cannot change email addresses so that my clients will email me to anohter address.
    2. Save on server??? There are options to "leave messages" on the server after you download them (for backup and if you get your mail on your phone and still want to get them to your computer's email client.
    3 - yes I can remove them from my Inbox, but then they just end up in the trash and there seem to be no way - except removing the email app data all together - so you have to set it up again) - to delete them from the Trash - uffdah!:mad: That is a huge no no, cant have that! I cannot believe Google did not include an option to empty the stupid trash!

4-Cool, I did not know that! I suppose I have to get used to hit the menu button all the time!

5- could not find any signature option in the native client, tried moxie, but it just got me into a "loop" without setting me up. Kept asking for the server and whatever i put in there (comcast.net or the incoming or outgoing server for comcast - I don't know what other server they are asking for :confused:) it would not let me finish...

I am REALLY trying to make this work - I love the concept of Google, I use the calendar a lot and it is so easy - I have in on my Google home page and on the phone and everything just syncs automatically. BUT I need a great email program! At this point I am not sure if the lack of a good email app is going to make me return my Moment and revert to the Treo...
    Anna

6. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

1. gotcha - basically, you receive e-mail from account and they're able to reply to a separate account... i'm not sure what setting up multiple accounts on the native mail server does - haven't tried that, but other than that... you could link everything to a central gmail account, but that's probably not what'll work best for you.

3. yeah, i think that's a big complaint of a bunch of people...

5. not sure if you can install it into moxier (exchange)... haven't played with k9 yet; but heard it did some nice things.

7. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

Are you using POP or IMAP to get your email?

My guess is that in order to make it work the way you need to, you will need to use IMAP instead of POP.

-SF

8. KitC

KitC New Member

With the moment, the outgoing e-mail that did not send, sits in the outgoing box, how do you delete them??? thanks!

9. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

You will save yourself a ton of headaches if you just download K9-Mail from the Market. It sets up for multiple accounts much smoother, is much more customizable and gives you more control (like long press on the trash to bring up the empty command!)

Just make sure all your emails are still on the server, if not, resend them to yourself, then remove all your emails from the stock 'email' program. Then open K9 and set up your accounts in there and let the download commence.

I have 6 separate accounts (4 for different businesses and 2 personal accounts) all running to K9 and except for a few features that I was used to in Outlook, it works well. Also, if you are an outlook user, make sure to get the google to outlook sync program from the google site. It works awesome on the calendar!