• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email problem: redundant repetitions of email address on the "to" line

sholfan

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to this forum, and hope someone can help. Have had the Captivate for almost a month now and am plagued by an annoying problem.

I have set up email accounts connecting to a google-hosted email account via IMAP. I am finding that when replying to a received email, my reply goes out with redundant repetitions of the email address on the "to" line.

Example:
Email from soandso@gmail.com arrives.
I click "reply" on the phone and the reply goes out to soandso@gmail.com; soandso@gmail.com; soandso@gmail.com; soandso@gmail.com etc etc *10 times*, instead of just once. It also copies me about 10 times!!!

Is anybody else seeing this? I use this for work emails, so it looks very unprofessional... like I am trying to spam my clients!

I have another couple of days before my 30-day return period is up, so hopefully someone else know how to fix this. Is there some setting I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones