email problem

Last Updated:

1. GermanDude

GermanDude Member This Topic's Starter

so I've been using email for a while now, gmail account, today its telling me "unable to open connection to server" and I don't think I changed any settings, any idea what's going on?

Advertisement
  2. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I assume you've already tried rebooting?

3. GermanDude

yes, i did.

I got some other issues with synching stuff but I can deal with that later, I need my email though, quite important.

4. GermanDude

my market isnt working either...
    last time it didn't work I had to go into google checkout and update my credit card, that didn't fix it this time

5. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

I have 2 yahoo accounts as well as a Gmail ( just opened yesterday )

But when I try to the email tab on the bottom taskbar of the phone it wont let me view my yahoo accts.. Says account / password is wrong, which its not

6. tamanaco

tamanaco Well-Known Member

I wasn't happy with the native mail client in the Captivate either... someone recommended K9 mail and so far.... so good.

7. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I don't know then, German... maybe remove that account and sign it up again? That's gotta be a pain, but sounds like something messed up somewhere :( If you find a fix, let us know!

8. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

With that did you DL the K9 data killer? It says , " THis is a widget that allows you to stop theK9 main background sync"..

??

9. GermanDude

If I have to remove my account (meaning deleting everything and going back to factory settings) then I will return the phone, I will not deal with such a hassle, I did not change any settings, my captivate is just way too unstable, you can not rely on it, sometimes the market works sometimes it does not, same with email (browser always works)

edit: I'm now using gmail app and it's not working.

10. tamanaco

tamanaco Well-Known Member

No, I only downloaded the K9 mail client... I find that there is a lot more granularity in the settings of K9 mail than with the stock mail client.

I have not found a need for a task killer yet... but then again I only have this phone since the 18th... Not done testing and there are a lot of things I need to customize and tweak.