Email problems...General

Last Updated:

1. PiperCub49

PiperCub49 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I am having some difficulties getting my emails. I have my Hotmail account linked to my phone. When I first got the phone, email came lickety split. I have downloaded 17 apps (or widgets, whichever you prefer). Now I don't get any email at all unless I refresh my inbox on my Eris. They have been up to a day old when I decide to try refreshing my inbox and, what do you know, they all pop up! My oh-so-famous "enable always-on mobile data" box is checked. Can I get some help please?:confused:

Thank you,
    PC49:)

**Bonus- Is there any way to search for a program by typing in its name?

Advertisement
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

After I installed some apps, my email did the same thing. I deleted the email accounts from the phone and re installed them. Now I get notifications on gmail, yahoo/att, and 2 hotmail accounts.
    I honestly believe when apps are open source, they are not required to work with each other and often conflict with settings you already have. Don't install 3 apps at once. Install 1 and test things out for a bit before you install another. If one gives you problems, uninstall it.

3. PiperCub49

SC,

Thanks so much. I'm working on it now and will post the results.

-PC49

4. PiperCub49

Okay. I'm pretty sure that I have that part of the email problem figured out. My next problem, or question rather, is whether or not I can get emails that I have written and sent from my PC. Is there any way to get to those folders?

Thank you,
    PC49

5. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about your second question, but my hotmail emails were not updating a frequent as I liked so I googled " how to send hotmail emails to my gmail account" and now my hotmail emails are pushed just like my gmail instead of me pulling them with the refresh button.

6. PiperCub49

Thanks to both of you, superchaos and Bxrider11, I now have my email going perfectly. I purged my apps (eventually you figure out what you really use and what you don't) and reset my account in a bit of a different way than I did before. Thank you so much!

Happy ending,
    PC49:)

7. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I'm glad that I can help. This is what forums are for.

FYI delete you pulled email and only use your gmail for email.