• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Push Issues post-update

mimicgogo

Lurker
Jun 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

Like a lot of folks, I just got the Marshmallow update pushed to my phone. Afterwards, it seemed like it wored for a bit, but now I am not getting push notifications or auto-syncing for my Email (using the default program). I've done some searching online, but none of the solutions worked for me. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would recommend that you first boot into recovery and clear the system cache. Then you might want to blow away the old email account and set it up again. Was this an IMAP or POP3 account?
I had the same issue, after a factory reset. I wiped the cache and set up the email again. It turns out that while I have Power Saver on, I get no push notifications. Before the update I had it on all the time. As of today, my battery is at 63% at 6pm without using battery saver, and I am getting all my mail notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones