Email QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. westlam

westlam Member This Topic's Starter

This may not be the best place to post this but I have this phone so it seemed a good place to start.

I had a Legend bought from VirginMobile (canada), and I unlocked it. I have recently bought a Desire Z from Bell Canada and had to activate it on a cheap plan to be able to buy it.

I have unlocked it and am using my Virgin Mobile SIM card in it.

I can't get my email (pop from Godaddy) to work. It downloads with no issues but won't connect to the smtp server. Gmail works great.

I have seen other references to problems using an unlocked phone on a different carrier for data connections. I can't see any reason for it to not work but it doesn't. The errors are the same on WiFi and cell data. I have enabled both, tried each one with the other disabled, no difference.

Any thoughts?

I have contacted GoDaddy tech support and am awaiting a response. I figured somebody here might have had some experience with this.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Advertisement
  2. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Just google the Email.apk from stock 2.2 and use that, should work fine. HTCs Mail app sucks, imo. Too many issues with too many very specific conditions to connect properly.

3. westlam

westlam Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the hint. I've been using the HTC email and k9 email. both gave the same problem so I know its not in the app itself. Actually, Outlook gives me the same problem now with this particular email account.

It turns out the problem is with Godaddy although they are having a hard time acknowledging it. I have my domains with them and have an old email on one domain that does not want to respond to the remote SMTP connections. If I create a new email on the same domain, it works fine.

Can anybody recommend a new Domain/email host that has worked for them? I've been with Godaddy for over ten years and their support seems to be staffed with idiots now.