Email question

Last Updated:

1. mirose

mirose Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

If i use Gmail, is the email stored on the SD card so i can read it offline and if thats the case, does someone know in what format?

I also use another mail, a swedish operator "Comhem" and they does not support leaving a copy on the server if i choose to download it to my phone, is it possible to sync it back to my PC, i need to have the mail in Thunderbird aswell

Advertisement
  2. mirose

No ideas? please...

3. WozzaX

WozzaX Well-Known Member

Not sure about where Gmail stores the emails but about your backup issue:

Why not link your Comhem email up to your Gmail account so that they are backed up that way.
    Then you just use the Gmail App on your phone for all your emails?

I have got my Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and POP3 emails all synced up with my Gmail account so that I will always have a backup and I only need to go to one place to get all my emails.

You could then setup Gmail in your Thunderbird as well to get all your mail.

Sorted me out.

4. mirose

Ahh, so i can use Gmail in Thunderbird? didnt know that.

So if i redirect my Comhem mail to Gmail i can both check them from my phone but also download them localy to my pc, great.

Just to be sure, Gmail always leave a copy on the server so i dont loose any emails if my phone or pc crashes and so that i can always download the same email to my pc and phone and view them by webbrowser?

Thank you so much

5. WozzaX

WozzaX Well-Known Member

Gmail will keep a copy yes.

You can check out the settings by logging into your gmail account, click settings up the top right then choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

If you want to use POP access for Thunderbird make sure you enable the feature then there is an option called :
    When messages are accessed with POP (with a drop down menu after it)
    You can choose to keep them on Gmails server there.

6. mirose

Thanks,

Is there a long delay before i recive my emails from my comhem account? if i check my email today ill have it within minutes, is it the same with gmail if i choose to redirect them?

7. WozzaX

WozzaX Well-Known Member

There will be a slight delay as Gmail will not have the mail pushed to it, rather it will check for messages a certain times.
    Depending on how often you receive mails to the Comhem account, Gmail will monitor and amend its retrieve time lower if you get continue to get mails consistently.

8. mirose

Thank you very much, it works perfectly.

One last question.

I would like to import my email which is locally stored on my computer in "Thunderbird client" to Gmail so that I can always reach them. Can this be done even if they not remain at my regular email server. When I sync with my phone are my Gmails stored on the SD card so that I can access them offline?

Thanks for the help