Email relay from droidSupport

Last Updated:

1. mystical_ice

mystical_ice New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I have a droid incredible, and running activesync and gmail on it with no issues - my friend on Tmobile, however, isn't having a good time with his...

He has Entouch email, and is able to receive email, but not SEND it. I thought perhaps he'd have to run his outgoing email through a relay of some sorts since they may block outgoing SMTP to prevent spamming or something. he just got off the phone with T-mobile, and they said "the Entouch server doesn't support relay EMail it is a strait HTTP setup and that will not work with the DROID only RIM software"...

Any ideas guys? He said if he can't get this email to work on his phone he'll have to go back to the blackberry - he doesn't have a choice. He loves the droid though, so it would be a real shame.

Advertisement
  2. lolbug

lolbug Banned

Use Gmail as his outgoing email server:

1. Create a Gmail account and log into it: Gmail Settings > Accounts and Import > Send Mail As > click “Send Mail from Another Address”. Enter his regular email address, and set it as default. Then select "Always reply from the default address". This makes it appear that outgoing messages are being sent from the user's normal (non Gmail) account.

2. Set his SMTP (outgoing) server to use stmp.gmail.com or imap.gmail.com. You will need to authenticate with the his address as login "name@gmail.com", and the password he chose for Gmail. You may also need to enter specific port numbers, etc. More info can be found here:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=114408

Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help

Good luck!