1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

email rule notification app

Last Updated:

1. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do any of the current email apps out there now support rules for incoming messages and different alert tones? That's why I'm a slave to my blackberry, I can set certain work emails as priority 1, and assign a different tone to those from certain addresses. If there's an app for Android that does this, I'll pay dearly to be able to have that work. Anyone made such a thing yet?

Advertisement
  2. radi0chik

I guess no such thing exists, eh? Darn :(

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Touchdown does (one reason why I use it) but that won't help you if you're not on Exchange. It always helps to specify the type(s) of email accounts that you use so you get relevant responses. Not all email apps support all mail servers.

Have you looked into any of the more popular altnernate email apps such as K9? I don't use it so I can't comment on it but I'd start there if I was in your boat.

4. radi0chik

Yes, I'm on exchange. I'll have to look into both touchdown and k9. I assume you can create rules/tones for touchdown?

5. JFeisty

JFeisty Well-Known Member

Yep, TouchDown allows you to create rules based on message importance or text in the message body/to/from. You can turn on/off the vibration, set the sound, speak the subject, and configure the color of the notification LED (if your phone supports it). It's pretty powerful. They have a 30-day evaluation, I'd suggest trying it out. If you're on Android 2.0 or greater make sure you install the correct one...I think it's "Exchange for Android 2.x" in the Market.

6. Draz

Draz New Member

I've tried 'Gmail Label Notifier' and it seems ok. Based on labels within gmail you can set different notifications.